SWMID Owning Our Future Podcasts
Community Land Scotland used Covid resilience funding from the National Lottery to develop a series of projects with their members to explore how they were going to bounce back and develop after the pandemic. I worked with South West Mull and Iona Development to speak with their communities to see what they had to say. The result was the Owning Our Future podcast.
There are five podcasts, each exploring responses to a different question:
- What has had the most impact on your life in the current situation?
- What is life like in your community under Covid 19?
- What’s the best thing to have happened in your community as a result of Covid 19?
- What do you feel your community needs to build its road map out of the current situation?
- What do you feel that SWID’s role in this whole period has been and will be?
It’s among the most serious work I’ve ever delivered. The participants all spoke with great sincerity and candour about their hopes and fears for the years to come. It’s a project that will be very interesting to listen to again in a few years time, following the successful regrowth of the communities.
Original music for the project was by Hannah Fisher and Sorren Maclean.